7/21/2013

My first post :)

Hey guys, it's Peter!

I can't wait to tell you about the blast I'm having here in Europe. Everything is so different (in a good way) that it sends chills up my spine when I realize I'm 4000 miles away from home! We've recently got back from Brussels, Belgium which was a great experience that I will never forget.

I think I'll just keep it short and give you guys a nice summary of some of the things we've been doing for the past few days; primarily things we did in Belgium.
Just a cool picture of our Boeing 767 at 30000 feet. I love flying!

Pardon my boringness, but I like to enjoy looking at odd things like geography and foliage. The first thing I noticed when we started driving was that the trees in Germany are sooo thin compared to the oak trees and whatnot in Virginia. It's a great reminder of how large and diverse this Earth is.

A scenic urban view of the Brussels skyline from our apartment window.

The Grand Place of Brussels is probably the most recognizable sight in Belgium. You've probably seen a few photos or paintings of this place.

We had some delicious mussels and Belgian fries at a place just outside of our apartment in Brussels.

We visited Ghent which was a 30 minute(ish) train-ride from Brussels. There was a humongous festival that just started when we arrived there. It was so lively!
An awesome castle in Ghent that we got to take a tour of. It's really eerie to imagine how many people died in its torture rooms and dungeons.

Jennifer was feeling a bit adventurous...

It was really calming to walk through the local alleys and enjoy the views.

After a while, we sat down in this building where a singer and a guitarist were playing some great music!

The city became really scenic as the sun set.

Well, that's it for now! Thanks for reading my first post. I will try to make my future posts better and more organized. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Peter. Great job on your first post and nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Just curious...how did you get the panoramic pix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dad! You can only take panorama pics on iPhone 5 (and maybe 4S? I'm not sure) so your phone will have it, but mom's won't. When you're using the camera, press Options at the top and then Panorama. To take a good panorama pic, you have to slowly move the arrow to the right, while aligning the arrow's point with the straight line. Hope this helps. I love you!!!!

      Delete
    2. I am still learning...

      Delete

반갑습니다!

댓글을 남기시려면 작성자 선택 시 Google계정등으로 로그인 하신 후 남기시면 됩니다. 좋은하루 되세요!!!


Hi!
If you would like to leave a comment, please log in with your Google, WordPress, or AIM accounts. If you don't have one, please choose the option '이름/URL', then put your name or nickname in '회사명' leaving 'URL' blank.